Monday, July 17, 2017

a little diversion...

I had picked up some Timpo Toyway greeks with some romans a while ago and put them away in a box. For a change I decided to see if I could do anything with them. A couple of modelling sessions, cutting, repositioning, head swapping and fixing up I got eleven useable figures out of 20.
I think these better go back in a box for a while, before I go too mad and start another project - Greek city states in 1/32 very tempting ....😁

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A statue (WIP)

A slightly larger metal figure, I thought it would good as a statue so I made a plinth for it
probably paint the statue white on a sandstone plinth.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Back to ballistas ...

I have upgraded my ballistas again, having procured another Italeri Fabbri one, 



lovely models, I now have enough ballistas for the size of my forces.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Roman Ship - ready for its crew ...

Finished off work on the ship.

I filled in the gaps in the sides, lowered the rear canopy, painted the sail a neutral colour, added a row of shields (using some printed onto inkjet labels) to each side.



I'm currently converting some Italeri romans to be a small unit of marines, plus some Timpo Toyway romans for ballista crew.

Monday, April 24, 2017

The Ampitheatre get a lick of paint ...

While I had the ship out of storage to work on it I thought I ought to get the amphitheatre sections out as well and get them painted. I found some acrylic paint designed for painting furniture, reasonable coverage and it 'stick' well. Although had to do three coats to get the best coverage on the yellowy plastic. Anyway here tis ..
Currently trying to decide on the best gaming surface for it, once thats does I can work on the gladiators and spectators.

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Roman Ship - WIP

Getting round to a few things on this project.

I finished a Stadden roman officer, I've been using him a figure for the PlayMobil roman ship I have. The ship has been taken apart...
 I'm slowly putting it back together, tweaking it a bit. The deck has been repainted to cover up removal of some 'pips' to hold the playmobil figures ...
I have been collecting up some figures to convert to use as marines and crew.

Monday, January 2, 2017

and a few gauls more ....

these chaps are on their way to join the horde ....
[ the last remnants from my spares box ... now to to get on and paint some roman civilians, then there are the gladiators ..... plenty to do .... 😎]